Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Pain Jen Caused

You may or may not know that I had a girlfriend for two and a half years named Jennifer. 

Jen is small, cute, yellow haired. She has a friendly spirit and an immature streak. Just being with her was great, however, in that rather lengthy time for a casual relationship, she was nothing like a real girlfriend. 

She never called me unless she needed/wanted something. I would call her but it never seemed to get answered for whatever reason. 

Jen is one of those 'wait until marriage' girls. She is 30 now, likely still virginal but I have always suspected that she is not really like that given that she is from San Diego. Given what I know of California, it is socially unacceptable to be like that. 

She never let me touch her and gosh, I am not that kind of boy anyway. I never touch without permission. Kissing, err, she kissed me like she would kiss her brother. A peck.

I used to take her home from work, added 20 minutes to what had been a 35-minute trip home. I live 23 miles from the wm I worked in. I didn't mind. I mean, I like more time to listen to my music. 

Anyway, the bad things about Jen. An unhealthy affection for dogs. I hate dogs, never trust them, and the two I feed know who feeds them. They aren't mine, I do it for their owner who can't do it himself. 

Green Day, fuck Green Day. She loves them religiously. I refuse to listen to any Green Day song now, for it reminds me of her. 

Also, I do not know if she still plays Warcraft. I hope not. She was totally addicted to it. This really rankled my hide because I am an old Final Fantasy player, I saw things in warcraft that rip it and LOTR and other things off. Anyway, FF is descended from Dungeons & Dragons, but I digress.

One day, now closing on 3 Mays ago, Jen told me, that warcraft meant more to her than I did. I was shocked. I could not believe it. I told her if that was how things were, then it is over.

I have regretted that since that day. Maybe I should have been more caring and understanding. I mean, I know games fade after a while. I love FF9 and Chrono Cross is my favorite game and I get tired of it after a while. 

Unlike warcraft. I only had to pay for Chrono Cross once and it will always be there. 

Jen told me through text messaging that she is getting married. That cut a fresh wound in my heart, for you see, part of me still loves her. 

I am trying very hard to forget her. I have not seen her in nearly two years. 

She says that we will always be friends. Oh? Why doesn't she call? Send an e~mail? I do not go anywhere, I am not hard to find. 

No, that part of my life is shut down. No trust for a new gf. My next gf must be intellectual. That is a rare thing where I live. 

I won't talk about Jen anymore. I will forget her. 

It was because of her that I got involved with Malee, which cost me my job at wm. 

I should have never done that. I will forever regret it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment