Friday, February 24, 2012

How I Started Writing

A long time ago, like in 1985, in 5th Grade, we had an assignment to build a story about a planet and civilization. I made one called Scorptrolio. I never established that people were native to it. It was settled by colonists. Colonists from an empire at that time I had not created.

As I got older, I learned more about how things are, and developed new stories based on this. Mind that Scorptrolio has not been featured in a story in over 12 years.

The empire I developed is backstory. It is the foundation upon which the Commonwealth was built. When I write about the empire days, it is usually about a princess because I like writing about princesses.

I focused on one character in the beginning, born just four centuries after the Commonwealth was founded. I wrote a lot of stories about that character. Established a whole mythology.

But in looking back, I have developed the main people of my stories away from what that character had been.

Ketheri came along late in that character's life.

Most stories since Y2K have featured Ketheri. And now her time is almost over. How much can happen to one person in one life?

I used to write in 3-subject notebooks. When I got a computer, I received WordPerfect 9, and ever since, I have uses WP to write. I use WP X5 now, the fourth version of it I have had. I won't get another since X5 is compatible with Windows 7 as well.

I write when it's quiet, when I have no interrputions. You can see in some stories when I lost my focus. I try not to let that happen.

I do not write when I have emotional pain or if I am real sleepy.

It really does not matter to me if my stories are published or not. I write because it helps me by focusing on things that take my mind off my real pain.

I have learned a lot about style and grammar over the years. I am good at this. I always was.

I will always have a story to tell.

When Ketheri is gone, off to a fab future where she is Reina, the Supreme Commander of the Kita Army, an army of billions, she will leave a void. I may create a new era.

I have created the interesting character named Eschia (Eal Seket). She has to be fit into the story world, which means more stories to write.

Always are.

No comments:

Post a Comment