Friday, January 9, 2015

Allergies

You might think ill of my allergies? I mean, who is allergic to laundry detergent? But it isn't something silly. My skin rages. I have scratched until I started bleeding in some places.


This is not restricted to any one part of me. My abdomen is most affected, then my legs, then my male parts. Parts covered by clothing.

Add to this the dry skin typical of this time of year and the itching is damn-near intolerable. I can manage but for how long? Do I have to hurt my skin scratching  as time goes by?

I cannot get a ride to the store to get more All Free-Clear and to the lavandería to rewash the Tide out of my clothes. This may be an overestimation of the problem but I won't feel it is all right until this is done.

I say it in Español because that is what is on the sign on the building in my hometown. I like saying that better anyway. I did take many years of Spanish in school and some of it bubbles up in the mental froth occasionally.

This itching is getting on my nerves. The rashes mar my pale skin. Dry skin is only making it worse.

Get this, last night, I normally use Old Spice Dry Skin Defense when it is bad. I couldn't, the hot water ran out and it was 40-ish in that bathroom. Ya! Cold! That hurt.

In the summertime when it is very hot, I like the cold, not in this time of the year at all.

My primary allergy, to mt. juniper, the most common tree in this area, is waffling because the pollen goes down and up depending on weather conditions. It is 33 degrees F as I write this on the highway bridge a little under two miles east here. Somehow, the government put a sensor there. You can see its antenna on the concrete railing.

It is the closest sensor to my house.

Curse this winter. Bring back the 80s! Years and temperature both!




No comments:

Post a Comment