Monday, January 5, 2015

Cold Again.

As I write this, it is -5 Celsius outside. People in normally cold areas might say that's nothing but this isn't a normally cold area.

I can remember when I was a kid in the 80s when it was way colder than this. Haven't really seen that kind of cold since.

I have early memories of icicles off the front porch overhang. Seeing the town weather channel displaying a -9 F temperature. Snow, though it has snowed here several times since then.

It isn't unusual to see warm temperatures in the winter time. I can remember Februaries where it was 90 outside.

I wish it was now. I am not exactly comfortable when it is hot, not that 90 is hot by this area's standards, but hot weather doesn't hurt. My poor feet....

It was perihelion several hours ago. Closest to the Sun. The problem is, the Earth is tilted about 24 degrees. The part of it facing away from the Sun is our northern hemisphere's part. Winter just got going a few weeks ago.

It is a long time to March and April. Typically a time of storms here. You know how I feel about storms if you read this blog regularly.

This cold will persist for some time but it won't be this freaking cold very often.

I am a night owl, always have been. My 'day' is the coldest part of the night. I do sleep better when it is cold but that is not a reason to like it.

There hasn't been any ice...yet. There is talk of a possibility later in the week.

Until the floodgates of the arctic close, this will not be a pleasant week.

Waiting for 80s again. That is great, mid-80s. A comfortable temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment