Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Hurricane Marie

This is a beautiful swirly cyclonic storm. It is Hurricane Marie in the Eastern Pacific.

This storm is moving northwest away from land.


It is due to cross into cooler sea temperatures which will weaken it gradually.

The danger of this storm is the storm surge it causes, harsh waves and rip currents on the Pacific coast from Baja up to California and the Northwest.

I cannot swim myself but when I was a kid, we went to Corpus Christie, North Padre Island and I was in the Gulf of Mexico. We were warned about riptide and currents. I stepped on a jellyfish then, and I haven't gone barefooted anywhere since. That really hurt.

This storm is not a danger to land, just the usual ocean traffic whom I assume takes care when traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment