Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving

Flashback to the mid 80s when I was in elementary school. Thanksgiving was a fun time of parties, certain foods, being thankful for what you had. Friends and family.

What happened to that? 'Black Friday'. Greedy stores open on what should be a holiday of friends and family expressing thanks for what they have.

I am thankful that my anxiety disorder hasn't killed me yet. I am thankful for my mom. I am thankful for my music and the ability to write.

But I do not recognize the commercialization of this family holiday that is more about football, food, and seeing people you haven't in a while.

What will I do today? The same thing I do every day. I attempt to write, listen to music, play FFIX if I maintain an interest, it does bore sometimes.

I only recognize the meaning of this day, not the crass rotten capitalist greed that these stores make it out to be. I will not be feeding the greed. Not that I have money at this time of the month. When I do have money, nothing will be on sale! Typical.

If I could flashback to the mid 80s, I would. No web, no Ar-Ghost, nothing but love.

No comments:

Post a Comment