Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Power Outage

The power is out, keeps flickering as if trying to come back on. I am super bored, draining my laptop's battery to write this.

I had a sad day. I took out a lot of garbage, 5 bags full, and then went and got my hair cut. I don't know how good it looks. I washed my hair a bit ago but I can't take a picture because in the dark, the flash reflects off my pasty white skin, overwhelming the optic sensor.

I don't think I look good anyway. I will do it later when I feel up to it. I don't right now.

The power was off between 10:55 pm and 2:23 am, which is the main part of my 'day'. I sat here in the dark, listening to my cd player and all but drained the battery of my laptop.

The power outage also caused a malfunction in my directv box but an automated fix repaired it. Stupid thing's too smart.

I was feeling super bored because I couldn't write. It was the fact that I use this pc to write mainly and without power, it is a lump with peripherals.

After it came back on, I did as I originally planned, started reading 'A Darker Geometry', a story within the 'Man-Kzin Wars, Volume VII' book. I originally read this series like 15 years ago and it is familiar but I have forgotten a lot of things.

I have most of the series, if not all of it. I haven't read the later parts of it, feeling that I should read Volume IX first and I only recently found it.

I like that story and that story 'Cathouse' way back in Volume II.

I haven't been able to go to a bookstore to find a new book that appeals to me. Getting it online is not the same.

Stupid, just stupid. I don't know why the power failed. It has been rainy but not storming. The sky is totally gray and it continues to rain lightly, nothing that would perturb the threadbare power system, surely.

15 years ago, when we first came here, an apparent power failure for no perceptible reason happened in February and killed all the fish in my aquarium. I haven't had one since because of things like what happened.

There is an article in this month's issue of Scientific American about power independence. If only we could do that.
Fat lot of good solar panels would do us on a day like today.

I am sorry if I had done some things with my blog to affect it. I was bored. I will fix it.

I listened to The Sisters of Mercy' during the outage on my cd player. 'Vision Thing' was playing when it came back on, how appropriate.

I will attempt to write a story if this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment