Friday, November 28, 2014

Anxiety Says

What do I think I when I see on tv, the people fighting over a new tv or other crap on sale? I worked in walmart for exactly 4 years and 1 day and I saw this so-called 'Black Friday' effect in action.

Like animals, the herd moves forward, crushing others and everything else in the way just to get a new tv or some other thing they could afford to get if they just were smart about their budget.

I am deeply distrustful of item on sale with discounts exceeding 50%. My many years in retail tell me that such discounts only mean that the store wants to get rid of it.

Why? Overstock? A glut of cheap Chinese-made crap? What is the targeted group for what is on sale? A new tv? What's wrong with yours?

I needed a new tv last year, mine finally perished with age and use. I went out and got an led hdtv for about $160. And this was in April, not in November. I budgeted for a new tv.

Selling them at huge discounts should be taken as something to be considerate of. It isn't going to be a top of the line Sony or Samsung tv.

I am not saying stuff on sale is bad. That is always a good thing but why are these stores so dependent on one day to have such a sale?

I would not dare to enter the herd frenzy to buy anything. Not that I have any money this time of the month but provoking my anxiety disorder for 'on sale' items is not worth it.

I order online so I don't have to go to the store. I feel panic in a store, I actually peed on myself when in walmart last. Didn't realize it until I got in the truck.

I have the prostate thing, yes, but how much of this was anxiety? It is the stress of anxiety disorder that damaged my prostate.

I can't go anywhere, do what I want. Even when I have money, I can go to my hometown where anxiety isn't so bad. But I am from a small town (less than 7k people, less so when I was a kid) and it is familiar.

Some things have changed but overall, it's not bad.

Peeing on myself happens when I have retention, I am panicked, or when I really have to go. I can't hold it very long but I usually don't let that happen. I pee much too often.

I remember a teacher when I was in high school who had that happen to him. Everyone made fun of him but I have empathy and always have. I wanted to know why that happened. Now I know.

I won't consciously soil myself. I don't like to be dirty, ever.

Going to the store is the hardest thing I do on a frequent basis, like every month. I try not to let my anxiety show. I have lived with it for many years now.

Getting trampled for something on sale....

I just don't understand it. I hope these holiday sales are abysmal and teach these stores a lesson.

Unchecked greed has consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment