Sunday, October 12, 2014

Not a Hate Sunday

It was all right today. Had a pretty normal day, not like yesterday fixing that fucking water line. I have to do that occasionally, under the house because pvc is a substandard building material.

I was able to write some, enjoy my music. I do have to help cook but that is an everyday thing for me.

I went to wm and there was the usual panic but it wasn't so bad because it was rather dead. The wm I worked in would be packed on a sunday and it probably still is as I write this.

It will storm later, a squall line. Thunderstorms stroke my anxiety like teasing the tiger. It will bite back. Unless the power goes out, a historical possibility here during storms, I will be all right.

I remember like 11 years ago, down the hill from here, I was on WebTV and the power went out, a beast of a storm outside. I peed on myself I was so scared. I won't forget that.

It hasn't really done that since but it will again eventually and I will be scared again, I admit. I know the elemental power of the weather. There is no reason not to be scared.

I have a weather radio because of that. I have weatherbug, pay attention to the NWS and the local tv stations in this area. Can't watch them if the storm is too bad, the directv goes out.

The dude on the local NBC station said it will pass through here quickly, which is typical of a springtime pattern, not autumn, which we presently are in.

Now tell me that people haven't fucked up the weather.

I forgot about the cyclone ravaging India. I would have posted a satellite picture of it but it takes some doing looking for the GOES floaters assigned to specific tropical systems.

I am glad Vongfong weakened to tropical storm level and is not ravaging Japan.


I will be here writing despite the storm. It will hit about the time I take a bath/shower. What joy would that be.

No comments:

Post a Comment