Saturday, September 13, 2014

Cold Reminder

If you have read my blog for a while, you know how I hate cold weather. It hurts and numbs.

A cold front swept through this area where it was 98 yesterday, and dropped the temperature dramatically. It is 57 F as I write this, wind chill of 52 F.

I am adapted to hot weather, as it has been toasty hot so even a relatively mild temperature like 57 feels cold. I am not shivering nor are my feet numb so it is not truly cold.

Cold will be back. It is seasonal starting in this area typically late in October. I remember years where hot weather persisted until November. I do not believe this will be one of those years.

I don't appreciate this reminder of cold. I am tempted to turn on my heater but that is ridiculous.

I start to feel cold when the temperature drops below 75. I can get a chill even at 80.

If this upcoming cold season is as bad as the last one, I might invest in a spacesuit so I don't have to freeze.

Assuming I don't harm myself before then, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment