Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Something I Didn't Know


This is Lt. M'Ress, a Catian female who appeared in the Animated Star Trek series.

I have never seen the animated series. It came on before I was born, and ran up to my first years. Why can't Star Trek remain true to its storylines? I think the whole idea of Reboot is such BS.

My favorite Star Trek series is DS9. I like and dislike things about Voyager. I watched the Next Generation for years and it got old after a while.

I am not a huge Star Trek fan. I like Star Wars more than anything like that.

However, Star Trek has a rich history and a compelling backstory.

About M'Ress, a catgirl? I have read that they inserted Kzinti into the Animated Series. I have read most of the Man-Kzin Wars stories. I always thought the idea of a feline race was cool. My favorite animal is the cheetah.

I am a cat person, though is it right for a man of my age to admit that? I don't care. I may be 35 but I don't feel 35. Time sorta stopped for me a few years ago.

A Kzin is an upright tiger sort of creature, the Hero race. Nasty brutes, ratcats, some of them were cool like Chuft-Captain who got kicked by a Pupeteer, forever shaming him. I love that story.

I did not know about M'Ress until today. Weird, eh?

I will try to find the animated series to watch it, not only for her, but to see the Kzinti.

I tried a felinoid race in my stories but they kinda faded away. I will rework them one of these days.

I have been feeling down but learning new things, well, new to me, makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment