Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beta Cygni




This is my first digital art image. It is on http://arthelius-ghost.deviantart.com/



I call it Beta Cygni, the large gas planet is Enako. The strange shapes in it are storms and instability in its gravitational field. It is about 6 AU from the ficional version of the real binary star Albiero.

Albiero is the 'head' of Cygnus, in larger commercial telescopes, it resolves into a beatiful blue and gold binary.



Fictional Enako and its earthlike moon are just one of four planets and 29 moons in the system, but I won't draw those, boring, lifeless environs.



Qeyia, her mate Qevan, both Aniq'et, are from that moon. I forget its name, I haven't been sleeping good recently.



Tell me if you like it. I am so bad at drawing. I used pattern fill, color blur, and the regular Paint in Windows to color the moon. I blur them in Corel Painter 12, which I only have a trial of. I do have GIMP-image, an alternative to photoshop. It costs nothing. I have Corel Paint Shop X3 which I edit pictures in all the time. It helps in resizing and clarifying the rough images since I am not that good at drawing with a mouse.

One of these days, I will get a tablet and draw that way. I have a million things to share from my stories and characters.



The biggest city on that moon is Arcology. It is also home to the odd looking Lipoan people.



If I can get help from real artists on DeviantArt, I will ask them to help me draw Qeyia. You would like how she looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment