Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Car


I said I would post a picture of it. This is my car, a 1997 Mazda Protege. It was originally a teal green color.

You can see that not paying attention to it has led to oxidation of its paint. My car was damaged in a blowout on thr driver's side front wheel. I could not photograph it from that side because someone put a bike and some crap by it.

My car suffered a belt breakage in 2003. This belt runs the alternator, power steering pump, and coolant. The car suffers badly if this belt is not on. Some idiot tried to fix it and damaged one of the belt's pulleys so that when the alternator is drawing load, like when the lights are on, it slips, making that squealing sound some cars make. It is the sound of a belt slipping.

You see one of the wheel covers is missing. It disappeared at an automated carwash in Cove in 2001.

My car has 105,000 +/- 100 miles on it. It runs fine, well did, otherwise. Now its brakes are rusted. Its battery is dead. It likely has denatured fuel left in the tank. Why is this?

I lost my job last year. I intended to fix it when the next bonus came. Only, it never did. I left before that.

I believed, honestly, believed, still do, that I would have killed myself if I had stayed at wm. The stress winds my anxiety tight, I feel like crying. That is VERY unusual for me. Though I am sensitive, it is my own pain that makes me feel that way.

I took this picture with my phone. It takes good pictures. If I edit photos, this one wasn't, I use Corel Paint Shop X, which came with my copy of WordPerfect X3.

I did not get paint shop with WP Office X5. I don't see the need. I don't use many of its utilities as it is. I am a writer, not a businessperson.

Don't worry about me. I will be all right. I am working on feeling better, going back to my massive music collection, writing more, playing Spore and mahjong. I might even pop into Sins of a Solar Empire, though it takes a long time to set up the gnarliest space battle. There is a YouTube link to post battles, though I have never used it. Spore has that too. My phone can take video. I will share more of what I see.

It is possible that I may have to sell my car. I would only do so in the effort to get a newer one. I do not want a new car. I want one with 30k miles on it, like this car had when I got it back in '98.

Maybe one day, when I get a new car, I might go out more. Doesn't seem likely but stranger things have happened.

I might even get enough nerve to go look for a new girlfriend. Yea, and we'll have snow in August too. Right.

1 comment:

Carry said...

So have you already sold this car and gotten a new one? If you haven’t bought a new car yet, I suggest you to try test driving a new or used 2012 Mazda 2. I think that perfectly suits you. This car comes with old-school econo-car specs, so I guess you won’t get overwhelmed when you drive it. And it is not as expensive as you think.

>Carry Bacot

Post a Comment