Monday, May 16, 2011

Quiet Now....


A reminder, Hurricane Season begins on the 1st of June. I seroiusly doubt that the weather follows a schedule but the NHC knows more than I do about these things. This is a Weather Channel satellite image of the Atlantic Ocean. Most hurricanes that hit the Gulf, Carribean or East USA, start off as storms or an instability from the coast of Africa. Storm energy doesn't always manifest as storms. It could be a simple low pressure system.

The 2011 Hurricane Names issued by the NHC:

Arlene, Bret, Cindy, Don, Emily, Franklin, Gert, Harvey, Irene, Jose, Katia, Lee, Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina, Sean, Tammy, Vince, Whitney

You can always visit the NWS National Hurricane Center at www.hurricanes.gov

The Weather Channel is always good about talking about hurricanes. The Tropical Update on the tv channel is always at 10 minutes before the hour.

Why do I talk about hurricanes? They have always fascinated me. Who could forget Hurricane Andrew? Of course, I live in CenTx, which can catch some gnarly weather if a hurricane hits between Houston and Courpus Christie. It is nothing as terrible as what anyone on the islands or coastlines get, however.

I will post nice pictures of hurricanes as they happen, as I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment