Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Scar

If you look at my most recent shaving picture, a few posts back, you might notice a scar on my upper lip. This is a unique feature of a sometimes 'cute' face.

Many years ago now, I worked at a store called Winn-Dixie. It was my first job and I was there for almost 7 years until it closed.

One day, I was taking down a canned vegetable display. The paper sign on it somehow became loose, the tape holding it on pulling a can down. It hit me in the mouth, splitting my lip. I had to get 6 stitches.

That hurt and I have never lost so much blood at one time before or since.

That is where it came from. There are hazards in being a grocery stocker.

That was always what I wanted to do. I have done it since I was a teenager. Could I do it now? Probably not, being out of shape. There is no way I'd go back to wm, it just isn't going to happen.

Just going to the store ruffles my anxiety feathers something fierce.

No comments:

Post a Comment