Thursday, January 23, 2014

Eye

You may have noticed that I wear eyeglasses. I have moderately severe myopia. I have worn glasses since I was 12. I cannot see more than a few inches from my eyes without them. Everything is a mishmash of colorful blurs without them and I cannot see small things at all. I can recognize faces I know well, but others not so much.

Too long without my glasses causes a headache. Eyes cannot focus because the focal point of my vision falls short of the retina. The lenses of my eyeglasses diffract light so that it does.

I don't like contacts. I hate poking myself in the eye. That hurts. My eyes tear up in a sneeze, with allergies, sometimes with emotion. Told ya I was sensitive.

One eye is worse than the other, astigmatism. It is noticeable without my glasses, like binoculars out of focus on the right side and way out of focus on the left.

If you want to see what I see, take a camera, focus on something really close, I mean in your face close, then try to look in the distance. The blur is what I see.

Here is my 'bad' eye, the left one. Note the color of my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment