Monday, March 12, 2012

Beloved Texas

I am a Texan. I am a 4th Generation Texan. I was born in the same town I grew up in. It will always be my home.

People make fun of Texas for different reasons, the way people talk, or the gaudy proportions of meal servings, or even the embarrassment of the Cowboys recent seasons.

However, when it comes to politics, understand something. Not every one in Texas is Republican. I know many who are not. Myself included. I did not vote for 'Pointy Boots' as Jeff Ward calls him, Rick Perry. I have known for years what an idiot he is. Just like his mentor, old Dubya himself, the king of idiots.

I have never been out of Texas. I wouldn't travel if I had the money because quite frankly, it is better here than where you are.

There are parts of Tx I do not like, like Killeen, but Killeen is a parasite city not representative of Tx because most of the people who live there are not from Tx.

We are nice people. We like to help others, and courtesy comes natural to us. Recent events may not agree with that but consider where they happened.

Remember next time you speak badly of Texas, you are offending people like me who love it. It is my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment