Saturday, March 10, 2012

Power Failure

X-post from my old blog at Diary Land.

8:53 p.m. - 15 March 2004
power failure
About electricity.

Do you know how much our lives depend on it? How it comforts us and keeps us safe and occupied?

When it goes out, it's never a good thing. My power went out for 2 hours and came back on just 20 minutes ago.

Sitting here in the dark, listening to Massive Attack is cool but I'd rather much be on the net at the same time.

The power company is incompetent. They take forever to find and fix the problem. Of course, this is Tx, we don't have blackouts or anything like that here. This was no doubt weather related.

I hope your power is on and you all are doing good. Mine is now and I'm doing much better than I was an hour ago :)

Now consider that just a few moments ago, the power came back on after being out for nearly three hours. That has not happened since that blog post was written way back.

I was writing on a story when the power went out. Timed backup saved a lot, thanks Corel.

The USA has a threadbare power system. If companies pulled their heads out of their greed mammon seeking asses, they would invest in improving infrastructure.

A simple thunderstorm caused this. What would a tornado or solar flare do? Good thing I still have a cd walkman.

I will be okay now. I was very upset. I actually went outside for a bit, not pleasant since it was and still is 47 out there. I need to talk to someone. I will look online, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment