Friday, March 2, 2012

Fascination

I shouldn't be online, I am over on my internet allotment for the month. Oh well.

What fascinates you?

For me, the stars, the study of the Universe, a beautiful woman, Ancient Egypt, even being at the lake fascinates me.

I don't know why I am fascinated by some things. I always have been.

I have been writing on a story. This is punctuated by the verbal abuse I get and the fact that I have to cook dinner. I don't mind cooking.

I wish I could write like I used to, before the verbal abuse. Maybe one day, when this bully person is gone, I can feel better.

I don't wish it but if something makes one so stressed to the point of suicide, it should be gone.

Maybe, I don't know.

I have a troubling thought. I live in Tx. Given that the early season tornadic storms affecting the Midwest are bad, what will it be like in April-May when Tornado Alley cranks up? It happens every spring. I once saw a tornado in the year 2000 somewhat west of US Hwy 183 north of Austin. It was far away and I don't ever want to see one, even if it is far away.

I saw on CNN people driving into a raging thunderstorm with heavy hail and drenching winds. What the hell? I have been through some gnarly t-storms in my time. The power always goes out in those. We hadn't had one of those in a long time but that is a good thing.

I hate thunderstorms. I have always been fascinated by the weather. The sky, the sun, the moon, but I don't like thunderstorms. I have a weather radio. It hasn't gone off in a long time, no warnings. When it does though, it is usually bad.

Heh, in 2002, the wind blew the door off our old house. Guess who got to go put it back up? I put on the only shorts I could find, loose ones, and went out into a blinding rain and huge wind to get it. The water, me running, whatever, my shorts fell off and I was naked in the rain. Given that I live by the highway, that is not usually wise.

I like being naked in the rain, it's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment