Saturday, December 7, 2013

Rather Cold


Well, here it is, more bitching about the cold.

Tell me, what is wrong with this?




I mean, the 'normal' is over 15 degrees warmer than this for this date.

This is a snap of my WeatherBug, which I have used for years and keep a close eye on often.

The cold keeps the ice that fell frozen on the ground, slippery, dangerous. It has all but paralyzed North Texas. It's not that bad here, it is just fucking cold.

Cold hurts. My feet go numb, my prostate seems to lock up, making it hard to pee. Although that could be caused by the stress caused by this unnatural chill.

I am agoraphobic, I don't go outside unless I have to and that often isn't for more than a few moments. I can go to the store but only to familiar places.

I stay by the heater and dry my skin out. Err, itchy. And all parts of me get dry. I am not ashamed to use Dove soap. I use the sensitive kind as I am allergic to some soaps, particularly laundry detergents (Tide, especially)

I have warm clothes to wear. It is okay. Maintaining water drip here to protect the water pipes. I went to take my bath last night and the hot water was frozen up.

Standing naked in the tub, shivering in a cold bathroom, it was not fun. The water did flow after a few moments, after all, it is hot. It seems to get hotter when it is cold. I don't know what is up with that.

The last time it was this cold, I worked in the wm garden center. Going out to help process a Christmas tree, to which I am seriously allergic. Although, that was in the high 30s, not this low 20s bs. That is -4 C, you know.

It should warm enough tomorrow to melt this accursed ice and maybe no one will slip and bust their tail. That hurts, I know.

Hopefully this winter malaise is a fluke and the jet stream will shift and deflect it from the south. You ever notice, few weather people show the jet stream anymore. How do you think storms and fronts progress across the continent?

I would have been a weatherman had I not have the inability to do math. That has affected me a lot of times. It's sad.

If the ice is there in the morning, I will take a picture of it and post it here. I hope it is not.

I miss the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment