Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Animals

I am not so big on animals. I mean, we are all children of the planet. Unless you believe the Lavos theory put forth in the Chrono Trigger/Cross story.

My favorite animal is the cheetah. Why? I like cats, yes, but this cat is ideally suited for what it does, carved by evolution for this purpose. Yes, the cheetah affirms belief in evolution. Its spotted yellow hide is cool as well.

I have another favorite animal. I saw one in the SA Zoo when I was a kid. The sad tale of the polar bear. As human activity fucks up the planet's hydrological and climate systems, the arctic thaws more every year. This beast, an ideal predator, is losing territory. They aren't fit for life on the open sea nor where it is warm. The poor polar bears may be gone when I am elderly.

I like their white fur, ultraviolet absorbing dark skin, their claws and bears are cool to look at. Another creature shaped by evolution to adapt to its environment.

I will talk about GMO food and the like later.

No comments:

Post a Comment