Thursday, December 18, 2014

Laundry Encounter

I may be agoraphobic but I do have to go to the Laundromat if I want clean clothes, vital. I am subject to skin irritation, cursed with dry, sensitive skin like a girl's skin.


I don't know, but what I do know, not washing, wearing dirty clothes, I will get skin irritation. You try scratching your itchy private area in a polite setting. You can't and not seem like a base slob.


The Laundromat I used for many years closed last summer. I imagine the city made it close because it was next door to the LCSO and the county jail.

I am from a small town and things are set out neatly. I don't like going to the larger next town but I had to because it was late and the new laundry in my hometown closes at 10 pm. Much of the town does too.

So I went to the next town and the laundry there isn't so bad. It has TV's to watch and a good change machine. I used to have to get change at the car wash up the road from the old laundry I used.

So I did my laundry, read the most recent issue of 'Archaeology' as I did so. I save it for that, actually.

When I was done, I was leaving.

This woman came to me. She was about a few inches shorter than me with dark hair. A lined face. She was skittish and quiet. I forget her name, much to my chagrin. 

She claimed that she and her family went to the big hospital in a town 70 miles from here. They were coming back and ran out of gas, getting stranded in the that town.

She wanted a ride to the grocery store. I was going there anyway so I agreed to help her.


I do hope, if her story was true, she got home okay. But some things make me wonder, was it true?

I do not have people skills. Well, I do, from my time in retail but I am uncomfortable among other people.

I did not look at her and we did not talk much. I am wondering, was it the Christian thing to do? I believe it was. I helped her and even if her story wasn't true, I did help her out some.

I don't go anywhere much at all. Going to the laundry is one of the only very few times that I go anywhere during the month. I try to time it to when my SSI comes every month.


I  will only go to the laundry in my hometown from now on. I don't want panic-bait to happen like that again. I was panicked. After going to the store, I drove fast home, panic-driven.

I need to get new laundry soap anyway. Ran out. I used ALL 'Sensitive'. I have always used ALL. Always will.

I think it is funny if people saw my MeUndies. I may bring my laptop next time so I can write. I seem to write better when focused like I can be waiting for my clothes to wash and dry.

Quarters, freaking quarters. A pocket full of them is like a deadweight in your pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment