Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Haircut Anxiety

Yesterday, from the perspective of when this was written, I had my hair cut.

I went to my hometown, to the place where I have had it cut for a long time. 

For most of my life, my hair was cut by a friendly female who moved to SA the year after I graduated hs.

I went to a general hair salon afterward. Yet, when I went there yesterday, the door was locked 1 hour and 10 minutes before closing time. Was it closed or out of business? I am thinking because this is the week that my hometown's festival starts, maybe they were on vacation. No sign saying this, typical indifference to customers on the part of small businesses. 


I drove around my hometown, my anxiety making me uncomfortable. I couldn't find a place that just cuts male hair. All salons. I don't feel comfortable in those.

So I drove to the next town over, 17 miles away, and went to a national chain hair cut shop. It makes me angry. I had the longest hair I have ever had in my 37 years, was extremely uncomfortable with it, and when I do have the money to get it cut, the ones who know me were not there. 

An old man told me when I was a child that boys should not have long hair. I have always believed that. 

I feel better now. What do you think? I just took this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment