Thursday, July 24, 2014

Ants

Let me talk about this scourge called ants. These small black ones whose bite stings and itches. Somehow they have gotten in here and were on my bed.

I washed the sheets and pillowcases to kill them. I do not understand what they were trying to find there. I never sleep naked and wear sweatpants and socks always. A shirt, of course, as well. I told you that was for a reason.


These little beasts, I mean, I have been bit on my shoulder, my feet, my scrotum, my back and my legs over the past few months.

But in killing insects, is it not wrong like you would kill a dog or another person? Everything has a right to be, does it not?

I wish I did not think of guilt over killing insects despite having done so many, many times.

Maybe winter will come early and kill these insects as they are cold-blooded. But that is not likely as August is the hottest time of the year in my area. A heat advisory today, at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment