Friday, August 2, 2013

Warm

It is August. Yes, it's supposed to be hot. In this part of Tx, it is extremely hot in the late summer. I remember summers persisting up to November. Was like 95 on Halloween back in 1997. I was working out in it, as the back room of the store I worked in then was not air conditioned.

Air conditioning. I don't like it, actually. I feel cold when exposed to it. I feel cold and feeling cold is intolerable.

How do I feel when cold? Numb, shivery. Parts of me fully retract. I am 37 years old, when cold, I shrivel up to my prepubescent size. That would be embarrassing if anyone saw it.

But cold is an unpleasant memory. It is 82 at 3 am as I write this. If you went outside, you'd feel warmth and humidity. That is summer here.

Blazing in the sun. I don't go outside because of my agoraphobia but even if I did not have it, I burn in the sun, being a pasty white guy. I once read that people's freckles faded as they became adults. Mine have not, in fact, I have new ones.

I look cute for my age because I stayed out of the sun.

I wonder how my friends will look as we age because they were in the sun a lot.

I don't mind warm/hot weather. Every summer of my life has been hot. August is my favorite time of the year, actually.

It will be cold again and that is NEVER welcome. My feet go numb in the cold and don't warm up until the cold is over. I take baths hot enough to turn my pasty skin red. I like that, looks cool.

How do you feel about hot weather? I know many who bitch about it. Hey, you can deal with hot weather but never can wear enough to keep warm in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment