Monday, June 18, 2012

Vegetarian?

I have wondered about becoming vegetarian for several years now. I have not become so because sometimes, I don't have control of what I eat, it is either eat or go hungry, you know?

The more I learn, about farming, about chickens and cows, I mean, I only have pork once in a great while and it is not something I would choose for myself.

I like chicken best. I like honey enhanced turkey breast lunch meat. I like some fish, I like beef sometimes. I am not saying it is okay to support companies who have bitter indifference to harming animals.

It doesn't make sense to damage the product before customers buy it. Because I worked in a store all those years, I seem to have a strong aversion to damaging the product. I feel bad when something breaks, not only because we have to clean it up, but it is a financial loss for the company, who pass that along to customers.

But, understand a fact, I am a student of Human Evolution. I know a lot about it, though it is only through my own research.

A fact about human evolution. Humans are omnivores. Human beings developed the brains we have because of increased protein consumption. This happened over the course of millions of years, likely because as hunter-gatherers, our distant ancestors ate whatever they could catch.

Now, that our distant ancestors were apes, that is not technically true. They were Hominids, creatures that have not existed in a million years. I do not know why people can't accept that.

Do you really believe that Human is the be-all end-all of evolutionary potential? Why do we have difference? Why is there cancer? Why does something as lowly as bacteria utterly devastate a human life? That girl in Georgia, yes, but she will make it.

Mariana Bridi di Costa did not. Look her up, she died a couple of years ago from bacterial sepsis.

The point here is that even if we are of evolved hominid origin, it does not relinquish us from consuming protein in the best place to find it, meat.

I personally cannot justify harming my own health by becoming vegetarian and I won't give up eating chicken. I don't particularly care for beef anymore.

I am told that I have only liked whole milk ever since I was a baby. I like it now but it's so expensive.

Are you going to say that we shouldn't drink milk? We are mammals. The very being of mammal, milk-bearing. Girls make it. Treated transgendered females can make it.

Going hungry as I do some days as there is nothing I can eat here, I can't eat some things, not unless I want a stomach ache or the big C-(onstipation), which is doubly painful on my prostatitis stricken body.

I am old enough to decide what I eat but circumstance just doesn't let that happen.

I am going to ask for disability for my agoraphobia. Treatment can be too expensive to pursue. I have to sell my car just to see the doctor. Wtf? That's what healthcare as it is does to us.

When I do have the ability to buy my own food again, I will have a vegetable heavy diet, but always with a meat course. I am an omnivore.

If you want to succeed in Spore, make your creature an omnivore, see the advantage in action.


No comments:

Post a Comment