Saturday, June 9, 2012

Soap Allergy

I am allergic to a few things. Grass, typical, any kind of conifer tree, that's also typical. I am virulently allergic to cedar, pine and juniper. Try working in the Garden Center with that.

However, I am allergic to certain kinds of laundry/bath soap. The one I am most allergic to is Tide. I discovered this when I was a kid, I broke out in the inside of my right thigh and *gasp* my scrotum. It took months to heal.

As I got older and began stocking in the stores, I discovered powdered laundry soap triggers my allergies.

I do not know exactly what bath soap is making me break out, it is some kind of Axe I think, I have been using an unfamiliar kind instead of the excellent and safe Snake Peel.

I have stopped using that. I use Snake Peel when I feel sweaty/dirty. I use Dove Sensitive every other time. Sensitive skin ain't just a girl problem. I have sensitive skin. I always have and always will.

Because whatever made me break out now, I have red spots all over. You can see this in my nudie blog, though you need my permission to access that.

I have three real bad areas on my back and right shoulder that picking at draws blood. I am self-injurious when my anxiety is provoked. Anything can cause that. I kinda like seeing blood on my pale skin, which is kinda disturbing.

I can say with certainty that soap and stress and diet play a part in this. I can't 'not' feel anxiety. It is like asking you to not breathe. A panic attack is stress magnified. I had one yesterday while visiting a small wm.

I avoid things that cause anxiety. That keeps me in an agoraphobic loop that keeps me in the house all day for months at a time.

I avoid things that cause allergies. I don't roll around in the grass or go anywhere near the million juniper trees around here.

I use the Sensitive soap and it should be okay.

You can e~mail me at arthelius@gmail.com if you want to see my nudie blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment