Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Genetically

I sent off for a DNA test in late August. I finally got the results.

Oh, gosh, it said I have blue eyes. Yes, I do.

It said I am of nearly 100% Northern European descent. Yes, again, my ancestors were primarily Scottish.

It said I have 2.7% Neanderthal DNA. That makes me wonder from who it came from, a horny human male poking a poor Neanderthal female or a human female captured by a Neanderthal clan. Either seems likely.

Neanderthals lived from about 130k years ago to at least 27k years ago. They were not exactly like us, some differences. Still human enough to recognize.


Why they vanished is a troubling mystery. It should have been us who vanished. Wouldn't have the troubles we do now.

Arguing over health care, a basic human right. What the fuck? What is the real motive here? It could be greed, protecting interests, the fact that some racist bastards in the congress do not like President Obama. It could be simple ignorance or apathy.

Stupid, it's just stupid.

The test said I am not at risk for most diseases but arthritis.... that was no surprise.

I will study the DNA report some more and if you have a question, do comment, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment