Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cold Returns

I have written about this before. It has not been a concern since the early part of May. It took a while this season to get to the 100 degree days typical of summers here.

Yet, they came and sweaty, sticky was the rule of the days. I can tolerate hot weather, I mean, every summer of my life, and I have been through 37 of them, has been roasty hot.

Cold is another matter. I get so cold. My feet go numb, as do my hands. I shiver, I wear heavy fabric sweatshirts and my Stars jersey. I dread going to the bathroom or taking a shower when it is cold, it gets COLD in here.

I am never barefooted if I can help it. Of course, I take my socks off when I bathe but usually the first thing I put on are a fresh pair of socks. I have to wear socks, I am uncomfortable without them.

Yes, I sleep with socks on, I have to. I can't stand my feet getting cold or tactile sensation as they are sensitive.

Cold is part of life. I mean, it could be worse. Think of the Neanderthal times, the Pleistocene, Ice Age. Cold was all the time there. I am glad that it isn't in our time.

Snow is rare here but it happens sometimes in the winter season, although a couple of years ago, it snowed in April here.

Also, it can ice up here pretty bad but that hasn't happened in the last few years. If this coming winter is a counterbalance to the bygone summer, it is going to be brutally cold.

I am not looking forward to it. My body just doesn't like cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment