Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Rare Lucky

I did the m-thing too early today and maybe that wasn't a good idea. I feel a little iffy down there. No matter, it was fun and felt good.

I had a typical wednesday, but I went into a used bookstore in CC to see if I could find something to improve my writing.

Instead, I found something I have searched for since Y2K.

'The Man-Kzin Wars' is a series of books, an anthology of humanity's war with the cat-like Kzin. I have all of them except the fourth one. I could not find it on the web or in any bookstore between here and Austin. I assumed it was out of print and I would never find it.

Lo and behold, I found it in this bookstore! Oh gosh, I'm happy about that. I like the series for its sharp writing and memorable characters. It is funny to read about Chuut-Ritt knowing that in the future, his own kits attack and eat him.

I am very glad about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment