Friday, July 24, 2015

Garbage

If it is something I know about, it is garbage. I like watching the mechanical arm on this particular truck. Reminds me of the first scenes in 'The Terminator' (1984 film).



Garbage is prevalent. We human apes make so much of it. From packaging to unwanted or spoiled food to gross things that have been in one's refrigerator too long.

I have worked for 2 different grocery stores in my life. Then I worked for wm much later. The reason I worked in 2 different grocery stores is because one closed or I may still be there today instead on disability for my soul strangling anxiety disorder.

A grocery store produces a prolific amount of waste from bad produce to cardboard to plastic to whatever else. It smells awful and can be sickening.

I live in an apartment complex now and every so often, this truck comes and picks up the dumpster with that mechanical arm. That particular dumpster smells as bad as a grocery store's dumpster. Truly awful.

I could recount the time at wm when some idiot put a wooden pallet into the trash compactor. Being a small guy, I had to climb into the compactor and wrench it out of there.

It is true that I hate being dirty, this has been the case since I was a baby, so I am told. I don't mind getting dirty in the course of working but you will not avoid getting dirty if you have to take out the trash. Not if you aren't careful.

I take the garbage out when the kitchen waste can is full. It is full often because of packaging mainly. Jugs the tea comes in, cartons from cases of soda, watermelon rinds, discarded food and other things.

I don't like dealing with garbage but until we human apes figure out a better way to package things and have zero leftover food, it's going to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment