Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Earl


There hasn't been a hurricane that I would comment on until now.

This one may or may not make things rough on the east coast of the USA, perhaps revealing the disparity between how the US Govt. treats hurricane damage in more affluent areas of the country. I remember thinking about and going to New Orleans but never had enough money to. I wanted and still want to help.

This is Earl, a fairly well-heeled hurricane, being deflected by a seasonal boundary in the eastern US, preventing it from entering the Gulf of Mexico, thankfully. It has suffered enough, hasn't it? A hurricane hitting the Gulf Coast now could be way more than disastrous. I'm hoping and praying that tropical cyclones stay out of the Gulf.

I may comment on Fiona when it becomes more photogenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment