Thursday, November 7, 2013

Changing Diet

I have thought about it for several years now. it started when I worked at walmart.

I know red meat is bad for us humans. Lions and such thrive on it, good for them.

I would become semi-vegetarian if I could. I won't give up chicken. My diet is largely vegetarian anyway. I like granola bars and chips and a certain kind of pizza, vegetable soup and salad.

But as long as I live with my family, not my own family, I have no wife or children, but my parents, I cannot change my diet. They have to have red meat in every meal.

Red meat. I wiped out my ss in one day, Nov 1st, the first was the $193 grocery bill, $70 to $100 of it red meat. $16 for a fucking roast. I hate roast. Why do I do this? I don't want to cause a conflict. I respect those whom I love.

One day, I will cut red meat from my diet. I can get by on chicken, occasionally fish. Never did have fish all that often when I was younger. Just wasn't bought or whatever.


Since I cook the most now, I should be able to control what I cook. I hate cooking meat. I prefer to bake things. Shake and Bake chicken breast is great.
I can also bake it with Italian spices and tomatoes to make a different thing.

I put canned chicken in my pasta. I don't like dark meat chicken and am careful to choose wisely.

I want to try pita again. I did when I worked at wm. Now that I have an income again, I can do things like that. Funny, my ss benefit is about $12 more than what I made at wm in a month. But then, I don't have a health insurance deduction and that is going to eat on me when I get Silver level BCBS in January.

If I don't change my diet, I will need health insurance for the damage red meat is doing to my body.

I don't know if the diet I have is hurting my prostate, something is. I have to go back to urology eventually.

Oh, sugar. My sweet tooth will be the end of me, I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment