Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Depeche Mode

,I first heard of Depeche Mode when I was a sophomore in high school. It wasn't like I was under a rock or anything but during my childhood, it was always country music. I grew to detest country music, particularly anything made after the year 2000.


I got the 'Violator' tape when it was new. I first heard it on a school trip and for me, it is a reminder of an earlier time.

The songs Martin Gore writes reflect things I feel in my present life, particularly feelings about Jen. I used to listen to the 'Best of Depeche Mode' on my way to and from wm when I worked there. I would play it loud, boost up the bass and it was all right.

I would find it hard picking a favorite song of theirs. I like a lot of them. If I had to pick one, it would just probably be 'Policy of Truth'. It sounded wicked in that car I used to drive.

More distressingly, I may listen to Depeche Mode as I commit suicide, should that line be finally crossed. It hasn't been yet. My faith is too strong to just give up like that.

I would never come outright and profess my Christian beliefs. It is my business, not anyone else's. I mean, I believe in Cosmology and Evolution as well. My core belief is in Causality.

Music helps me deal. I have a lot of music. More than I should have. It is probably why I am poor now.

I have the 'Violator' cd now. It will likely be the first cd I play in a future car. I am selling mine but I will write about that only after it is gone. I will post pictures of it going away.

I'm sure that there are others that like Depeche Mode. I have known some. So what if the Fox doensn't play it? Rock is fine but not all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment