Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Garbage

If it is one thing I know, it's garbage. I have taken out like a billion bags of trash at home and at work. I have worked in 4 different stores, mind you.

It is stinky, nasty and eww, you dont want the garbage water to drip on your shoes.

My family, that is my parents and me, generate 3 bags of trash weekly. This is because of rampant consumptionism. What does that mean? It means that they drink too many sodas. I drink soda too but I limit mine to as few a day as possible. I don't want to be diabetic like my dad. Also, newspapers and magazines. They abhor the internet for some idiotic reason and thus, do not know that most interesting things can be found online.

Then there is the food. For some reason, the people who cook here always make too much. As I get older, I find I cannot eat as much as I used to. I hate that things come in bags within boxes, waste. I hate plastic shopping bags, those fabricy ones the stores have, they're all right, I suppose. I know that some checkers do not like them because they seem 'nasty'. I think that is the wrong kind of senstivity.

I, by no means, am hardly innocent. I take two showers a day. This is because I don't feel comfortable if I don't. I do sweat, oh gosh, especially when my anxiety disorder is provoked. Or it's just plain hot like it is.

I mainly eat things that come in a can, soup, spaghettio's, chili, but I also eat a granola bar every morning. More trash. Recycling is a joke where I am from. No one takes it seriously. This attitude of throwing it away prevails.

People want money to recycle, that is, being paid for giving trash to be recycled. This is idiotic. Money is the source for most problems we have in modern society. We will be slaves to it until human extinction. And even then, the earth will bear the scars of humanity until the sun bloats and melts it all away in billions of years.

I wonder, if we cannot make things that are made of something natural and recyclable. Foil? Aluminum, like all metals, is endlessly recyclable. But you don't want your bread to come in a foil package. Instead, it's plastic, which usually comes from petroleum. Plastic is not endlessly recyclable. Maybe could be once to five times before it breaks down. I know little about mylar to be truthful. It makes up those balloons that the floral department sells and often the shiny bags that some snack things come in.

I don't have an answer. I don't believe that anyone does.

Truth is, we were not meant to live this way. Primates have existed for at least 30 million years. Why did we have to be so different? I wouldn't mind being a spider monkey myself. Unfortunately, I am naked skinned anthropoid ape cursed with sentience. We all are.

It would be a good thing to know what happened to the Neanderthals. It could happen to us, and then there would be nothing human to replace us.

And if that happened, the Earth would breathe a great sigh of relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment