Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Alex, Too Close

This is Alex. This Infared satellite picture shows it in iffy detail. Remember, colder cloudtops mean harsher storms.

It's some distance from the area now but a hurricane's effects can reach across hundreds of miles.

It was cool today, a welcome respite from the torrential heat. Rain.

I like the rain. I like to run naked in it, lol, but I haven't done that in many years.

You know, if this thing jogs a little to the north, then it's ay-ya time here, you never want to be on the east side of a hurricane. It doesn't look like it will, it looks like it will pass over the Sierra Madre mountains of Mexico where it will fall apart and become just a low pressure system.

I hate thunderstorms. Unless you ever huddled in the dark after one knocks out the power, worrying, you cannot know how it feels.

It's all right, as I get older, it becomes just a thing. Like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment