Sunday, April 26, 2015

Weather Anxiety

You know if you have read any of this blog that I like the weather. I like the sky, period. Day or night, especially. 

I don't like sunlight. I am developing glaucoma and the light hurts, burns my fair skin in moments. Sunlight actually causes a panic reaction because it hurts. 

I am fair skinned, you have seen pictures of my skin if you read this blog. I have freckles still, and I will be 40 around Thanksgiving time. 

That is not the point here. 

The point is, there are some huge supercell thunderstorms in this area, north of here. Confirmed tornadoes. It is that time of year and the weather has been behaving strangely. It hasn't been really hot yet and I remember many Spring times when it was scorching. 

Thunderstorms don't stroke my anxiety disorder, they beat it with a stick. I have memories of bad storms through here when the power went out. That causes a panic attack as surely as a girl talking to me would. 

Thankfully, none of the truly bad storms will hit this county. It isn't even raining at the moment. 

You see, knowing a lot about the weather opens a fear of it, knowing what it could do. 

I will be mindful of the situation north of here and hope no one is hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment