Monday, June 2, 2014

Shoes

What kind of shoes do you wear? Do you even care? What do shoes say about the person wearing them?

I don't give a fuck-all about what shoes you wear. I wear New Balance athletic shoes because they don't hurt my feet. I have worn New Balance for a very long time and it is what I know.

So what if I wear running/athletic shoes all the time? It hurts to go barefooted and I am particular about my feet, have been since I sliced my right foot on the instep open when I was a kid. It was on a broken bottle. Aside from a lot of blood at the time, it fucking hurt.

So, ever since, I have worn shoes. I have always wore sneakers. Why change now? I am not stylish. I am a ghost. When I do go out, never once heard good or ill comments of any kind of what shoes I wear.

When I worked at a place called Solectron, I worked in In-Circuit Test for a month. That is 11 hours on your feet. I was 25 then. My feet killed me, so sore, it hurt to drive home. The resistance of the accelerator and brake pedals hurt my feet.

I am 38 now. My feet hurt when walking a long way, going up stairs, standing on my tiptoes for too long. My feet hurt for no reason sometimes.

I scrub my feet with my back brush every night. I am very particular about my feet. I always wear socks. The color depends on my laundry cycle. I have more black socks than white socks. I like Hanes socks but not always. It kind of doesn't matter as long as my feet are covered.

Even if you were involved with me sexually, you probably wouldn't see my feet. I am more shy about them than I am about my male parts. Sensitivity like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment