Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ike!



Oh, man. Bad weather coming. Take a look at this beast.

This is a view from the GOES-East satellite, Floater 4, which often follows tropical cyclones as they violate the Monroe Doctrine. The pretty colors are provided by infared enhancements as it is night right now. Visible isn't possible.








People say, "It's nothing to be worried about." Have they ever huddled in the dark when the power went out as a t-storm rages outside? I cannot sleep when that happens. My anxiety plunges into full panic mode.


True, the bad half of the storm, not that there is a good half, is to the east. The inflow side, the side closest to the Mexican coast in this image, will pass over where I live.


Eh, why bother? It just isn't worth living anymore. I envy Arthelius, though he is me, he doesn't feel anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment